Join our next meeting
We're meeting on Zoom on Wednesday 23 March 2022 10 am - 12 pm. The session will be facilitated by Dominique Delight and there will be a focus on Fundraising.
To attend the meeting you must be signed up to the network, which is for Brighton & Hove based freelance artists & health practitioners working in the Arts & Health Sector.
Agenda for the meeting
- 10-10.10 Opening/Introductions
- 10.10-11.10 Presentation by Julie Easton, Director, Arts Fundraiser – how to raise funds for your arts & health work. Includes Q&A session
- 11.10-11.50 Open Space discussion. Group discussions on issues brought by Network participants
- 11.50-12 Closing
About Julie Easton
Julie is an experienced fundraiser who has held several senior roles within the sector and raised millions for the charities she works for. Julie is a full member of the Institute of Fundraising, set up as a fundraising consultant in 2014 and has expanded to work with a range of associates who collectively make up The Fundraisers.
Julie oversees all work that is delivered by the team. She has won a Government excellence in delivery award, and designed and funded a project that won the Charity Times Award best use of technology award.
In 2021 Julie set up the Arts Fundraisers in partnership with Hannah Travers, her former head of arts at the Fundraisers, and Lucy Stone from no stone unturned. Their clients include The Lowry, SpyMonkey, Triple A events, Form, Sisters Grimm, Alison Lapper and a wide range of arts organisations and artists. They had a 100% success rate with ACE CRF3 and Emergency Funds in 2021, and a 93% success rate on Arts Council Project Grants.
Julie will be talking about:
- Arts Council England applications
- Other forms of fundraising that could work for arts & wellbeing activities (crowdfunding, community fundraising, possibly major donors
- Structures that work for wider trusts and foundations fundraising, quick whip through the pros and cons of each (incorporated community group, CIC, CIO)
- Q&A 20+ minutes