Tuesday 6 July, 1:00-5:30pm
Brighthelm Centre • North Road • Brighton BN1 1YD
Welcome back! Come along to a relaxed, conference-style day of informative sessions for under-represented writers.
Panel discussions, Q&A sessions and a chance for 1:1 networking with writers, publishers and other experts--the perfect opportunity to ask your burning questions and explore the options for your writing support. The day will include:
Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic Authors' Panel
Chaired by author Colin Grant, this session will feature leading authors discussing the barriers they've faced and how they've overcome them to have successful writing careers.
Meet The Writing Organisations
Creative Future, New Writing South, The Literary Consultancy, Writing Our Legacy, Waterloo Press, Writers' HQ (plus more to be confirmed!)
Final timing and full list of speakers to come soon!
We expect demand will be high for this event, and places will be strictly limited to ensure a safe capacity for the venue. There is a £5 booking fee to secure your place.
BOOK YOUR PLACE HERE
Welcoming you safely
We are planning this event in line with national guidance and working with the venue to ensure everyone's safety. We will also e-mail you in advance of the event to remind you of guidance and any changes. To keep you safe at this event we will:
- Strictly limit capacity
- Require a contact phone number to support NHS Track & Trace. Names and phone numbers will only be passed on to the NHS if they request them, and will be deleted after 21 days.
- Ask you to check in with Track & Trace upon entering the venue using the posted QR code, or by speaking to a member of staff
- Wear a face mask when moving within the building. Face masks inside the event are optional but advised
- Provide socially distanced seating
- Accommodate contactless payments for any books/guides you may wish to purchase
- Ask that you do not attend if you or a member of your household is showing any symptoms, has tested positive or been asked to isolate following a Track & Trace call. You will be entitled to a full refund should you be unable to attend for this reason.
Should conditions change and we're unable to hold the event, full refunds will be issued.
Past Writers' Days
The National Centre for Writing and Creative Future presented the 2020 Norwich Writers’ Day online, featuring short talks and Q&A sessions with Faber Academy, National Centre for Writing, Isobel Dixon of Blake Friedmann Literary Agency and ‘Are you Al(write)?’, a workshop with Lewis Buxton.
Listen to the interview with Paul Couch about the National Centre for Writing Escalator programme: click here
2019: London Literature Festival
In partnership with the London Literature Festival, this event featured industry bite talks by Dean Atta (CFWA Writer In Residence 2017), Jade Cuttle (CFWA 2018 Gold Award), The Good Literary Agency, Spread The Word, SI Leeds Prize, Curtis Brown Creative, Unbound, Write Now and Dialogue Books.
Networking and info stands featured New Writing South, Poetry School, Society of Authors, Spread The Word, Poetry Society, Writing Our Legacy and the Royal Society of Literature.
We were also able to offer 15 minute 1:1s with literary agents, including Nicola Barr (The Bent Agency), Elise Dillsworth (Elise Dillsworth Agency), Aofie Inman (Felicity Bryan Associates), Matthew Turner Rogers (Coleridge & White), Julia Kingsford (The Good Literary Agency) and Niall Harman (Curtis Brown).