Spotlight Books is a collaboration between Creative Future, New Writing South and Myriad Editions to discover, guide and support writers who are under-represented due to mental or physical health issues, disability, race, class, gender identity or social circumstance.
We are pleased to announce the selections for Spotlight Books.
These six writers will receive three months' 1:1 mentoring, be published (with our print partners Jellyfish Solutions) as individual short books by Myriad Editions with international distribution, be invited to read at a launch event in early 2020, and receive long-term professional support. We're very excited to share these new voices.
- Jacqueline Peta Haskell - 'Titbits from the Afterlife'
- Elizabeth Ridout - 'Summon and Other Poems'
- Sarah Windebank - 'Memories of a Swedish Grandmother'
- Georgina Aboud - 'Small Histories'
- Tara Gould - 'The Haunting of Strawberry Water'
- Ana Tewson-Bozic - 'The Madman Chronicles'
We received almost 250 entries and would like to thank all those who gave us the opportunity to read their work. It was truly difficult to select only six writers from such a pool of talent, and we'd like to also congratulate those six who reached the shortlist:
- Peter Archer - 'The Girl in the Photograph'
- Nicola Lane - 'CV: 1968~2017'
- Norman Miller - 'Shadowlands'
- Alexi Francis - 'Dusk Night Dawn'
- Anita Goveas - 'Families & other natural disasters'
- Daniel Morrison - 'Skeletons & Stories'
Don't miss our Creative Future Writers' Award 2020, open for submissions early next year.