- A freelance independent practitioner?
- Do you work in the arts & health sector?
- Are you working or living in Brighton & Hove?
Sign up to the Arts & Health Network, Brighton & Hove mailing list to be kept up to date on sector news and events.
Creative Future is one of the partners in the Hera Partnership along with Robin Hood Health Foundation, The Old Market, and Diversity & Ability. We are delivering a 3-year arts-focused social prescribing programme supporting people across Brighton & Hove. Part of the work CF is doing is to set up a support network for freelance arts & health practitioners working in this field.
The network aims to:
- Build connections in and for the arts & health sector
- Provide peer support opportunities
- Offer regular updates about:
- Useful information & resources
- Work & training opportunities & collaborations
- National & international perspectives
The network will meet quarterly but we also plan to establish a monthly, facilitated peer support group meeting that will look at different themes, for example:
- Sharing good practice
- How to access support/looking after oneself
- Working with challenging people
This is a new network opportunity for freelance arts & health practitioners. We want this network to give you the support you need, and we encourage everyone who signs up to support the development of the network. It's a network run by you and for you.
If you have ideas to contribute or if you feel there is specific support the network should be offering, we want to hear from you! We know we'll need to secure additional fundraising to deliver some of the requests we've had, for instance, around training opportunities. Fundraising ideas are always welcomed!
Join our first meeting
Our first meeting is via Zoom on Tuesday 23 March, 10am - 12pm. This will be hosted by Jane McMorrow (Director of CF) & Emma Drew (RHHF) and will provide an opportunity to present the ideas behind the network.
Each quarter we will invite an artist, practitioner, or organisation along to talk about a specific programme or project that will highlight examples of best practice.
Agenda for the first meeting
- 10 am – 10.15 am Introductions – Jane & Emma to intro the network and plans moving forward. Q&A
- 10.15 am – 10.45 am Daniel Regan talks about his experience of setting up The Arts & Health Hub, London
- 10.45 am – 11 am Intro to Dominique De-Light to discuss facilitated Peer Support Group meetings and what they can offer
- 11 am – 11.30 am – Breakout rooms for smaller group sessions. Each group is given a discussion point
- 11.30 am – 12.00 pm Sharing of feedback from breakouts & close