Two prizes will be given at each level – one for poetry and one for prose.
The 2020 prizes are:
- £75 cash prize
- A Chapter & Verse mentorship with a published author or professional editor and a manuscript assessment via The Literary Consultancy, plus the chance to attend a TLC Industry Day
- ‘Writing A Novel‘ course with Faber Academy (prose), or selected online masterclass course from The Poetry School (poetry)
- A ‘meet the professional’ consultation with Myriad Editions (prose); or Out-Spoken Press (poetry)
All winners will also be:
- Invited to a private half-day workshop with Kerry Hudson (prose) or Henry Normal (poetry)
- Published in the award anthology alongside the Chief Judge/Host (Kerry Hudson), Guest Judge/Author (Anthony Anaxogorou) and the Writer in Residence (TBD).
- Read their work at the high profile showcase event alongside the Host and guest writers, as part of the London Literature Festival (TBC)
- Invited to our Writer’s Day event as part of the London Literature Festival (TBC)
- Receive a copy of Creative Future’s Pathway Guide for Writers, and the Pitching To Agents guide (prose) or Social Media Toolkit (poetry)
- Receive on-going support, advice and signposting from Creative Future
No professional development prizes can be exchanged for cash. Award winners may need to conduct meetings or mentoring via phone, email, or Skype. Please note that prizes are subject to change as we develop award partnerships.