Two prizes will be given at each level – one for poetry and one for prose.
- £100 Cash Prize
- Chapter and Verse mentorship with a published author or professional editor and a manuscript assessment via The Literary Consultancy, plus the chance to attend a TLC Industry Day
- ‘Meet the professional’ consultation with Tom Chivers, Director of Penned in the Margins(poetry) or Candida Lacey, Director of Myriad Editions (prose)
- ‘Writing A Novel: The First 15,000‘ course with Faber Academy (prose), or selected online course from The Poetry School (poetry)
- Copy of Creative Future’s Pitching To Agents guide
- £75 Cash Prize
- Selected online course from The Poetry School (poetry) or any of Curtis Brown Creative‘s six week online courses (prose)
- Manuscript assessment via The Literary Consultancy
- Five-day full-board writing retreat at Ty Newydd Centre or Retreats for You
- Copy of Creative Future’s Pitching To Agents (prose) or Social Media guide (poetry)
All winners will be:
- Published in the award anthology alongside Kerry Hudson, Mahsuda Snaith, Anthony Anaxagorou and our 2019 Writer in Residence, Emma McGordon.
- Invited to read their work at the high profile showcase event alongside the above guest writers.
- Invited to our London Literature Festival Writers’ Day event – details to come
- Receive on-going support, advice and signposting from Creative Future
No professional development prizes can be exchanged for cash. Award winners may need to conduct meetings or mentoring via phone, email, or Skype. Please note that prizes are subject to change as we develop award partnerships.