Two prizes will be given at each level – one for poetry and one for prose.
The 2022 prizes are:
- £100 cash prize
- A Chapter & Verse mentorship with a published author or professional editor and a manuscript assessment via The Literary Consultancy, plus the chance to attend a TLC Industry Day
- ‘Writing A Novel‘ course with Faber Academy (prose), or selected online masterclass course from Poetry School (poetry)
- A year's membership from the Society of Authors
All winners will also be:
- Receive a one-year membership to Jericho Writers
- Published in the award anthology alongside judges Dorothy Koomson and Joelle Taylor
- Read their work at the high profile showcase event alongside the host and guest writers, as part of the London Literature Festival (TBC)
- Invited to our Writer’s Day event as part of the London Literature Festival (TBC)
- Receive a copy of our Pathway Guide for Writers, and our Pitching To Agents guide (prose) or Social Media Toolkit (poetry)
- Receive ongoing support, advice, and signposting from Creative Future
No professional development prizes can be exchanged for cash. Award winners may need to conduct meetings or mentoring via phone, email, or videoconferencing. Please note that prizes are subject to change as we develop award partnerships.