The Hera Partnership and Creative Future are delighted to be able to offer a new, FREE artist training programme to ten artists.
FLOURISH – an artist training programme for creative practitioners new to Arts for Health & Wellbeing practice.
The funding for this training has come from Brighton & Hove city council, therefore only artists who live or work in Brighton & Hove are eligible to apply.
The training is intended to be an introduction to working in Arts for Health and Wellbeing and consists of:
- Three workshop/content sessions
- One work-shadowing opportunity
- One set of 3 x 1-hour individual mentoring sessions
It has been designed to support creative practitioners/facilitators who are interested in this field of work and are complete beginners or have up to 1-year of experience.
The ethos of the course is to be introductory, exploratory, and supportive. Over the sessions, the ambition is for participants to get to know each other, and develop trust so they each feel comfortable with bringing questions and areas for discussion to aid their own development.
There are two programme aims:
- To share and discuss information about key areas of practice related to Arts for Health and Wellbeing creative facilitation
- To provide opportunities for work-shadowing and mentoring to support skill development and reflection
- Weds 12 Jan 22 10.00am – 1.00pm
- Weds 16 Feb 22 10.00am – 1.00pm
- Weds 16 March 22 10.00am – 1.00pm
Work shadowing and mentoring will take place during April and May 2022.
PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A PILOT PROGRAMME AND PARTICIPANTS WILL BE EXPECTED TO CONTRIBUTE TO THE DEVELOPMENT AND EVALUATION OF THE COURSE.
How to apply:
If you are interested in taking part in the course:
- download the programme outline here
- complete the application form via the link below
- complete the equal opps form via the link below
We will also accept video applications. Please ensure you verbally answer all the questions outlined on the application form. Please send video applications directly to Jane McMorrow via [email protected].APPLY HERE EQUAL OPPS FORM
- The closing date for applications is Monday 13 December 2021
- Successful applicants will be notified on Tuesday 21 December 2021
If you require this information in alternative formats or any additional information regarding this opportunity, please contact Creative Future’s Director Jane McMorrow on 01273 234780 or email [email protected].