Our 2020 annual creative writing competition - the Creative Future Writers' Award - is now open.
This year's theme is Tomorrow. Your work should respond to the theme, implicitly or explicitly, but we're looking for quality writing first and foremost. The theme is a creative prompt, not a requirement. Send us your best work!
The best way to get a sense of what we’re looking for is by looking at previous winners’ work. You can do this by purchasing our previous anthologies here: https://www.creativefuture.org.uk/product-category/books/anthologies-books/
Applications are open from Monday 13 January until Sunday 31 May 2020 at 11.59pm.
You can submit ONE piece of writing in one category (poetry or fiction) or ONE in each category (you'll need to make two submissions on Zealous), up to and not exceeding the word limits per category:
* Poetry: maximum 42 lines
* Fiction: maximum 2,000 words
This competition is for under-represented writers in the UK only, who are over 18 years old.
Please click here for the full eligibility criteria.
Please ensure you read the rules and eligibility criteria before submitting.
How To Enter
• Online - via the link below.
We are using Zealous as an entry platform and cannot offer technical support. If you have problems making an online entry, please contact http://help.zealous.co or e-mail [email protected] You can also use one of the other methods of entry.
• By e-mail - please download an entry form below, complete it and return it with your entry to [email protected].
• By post - please download an entry form below, complete it and return it with your entry to:
Creative Future Writers' Award
113 Queens Road
Brighton BN1 3XG
• In person - PLEASE NOTE THAT OUR OFFICE IS CURRENTLY CLOSED DUE TO COVID-19. WE ARE UNABLE TO ACCEPT ENTRIES IN PERSON AT THIS TIME.
To stay up to date, including details on our 2020 Writers' Award, please subscribe to our newsletter.